What is Big Day of Service?
Big Day of Service is a grassroots, all-volunteer led initiative to make a positive impact in Orangevale and Fair Oaks. We hope to unite the community around the idea that we can all make things better by working together. In 2018, we expect to rally 500 volunteers and tackle 25 local projects to beautify and improve our neighborhoods. A group of community leaders -- including representatives from County Supervisor Sue Frost’s office, as well as individual leaders, local organizations, businesses, and churches -- has been planning the event and is looking for project suggestions as well as more project leaders and volunteers. We believe that communities get better when they serve together, and everyone can play a role in making this happen.
To learn more about Sponsorship, click here.
Event Advisory Board
- > Jeff Kreiser (Serve United)
- > Pastor Mark Tucker (New Life Community Church)
- > Supervisor Sue Frost (Sacramento County)
- > Matt Hedges (Sacramento County)
- > Eric Jung (Love Our Cities)
- > Pastor Derek Zahnd (Sunrise Community Church)
- > Lisa Montes (Orangevale Chamber of Commerce)
- > Josh Hall (Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church)
- > Roselyn Barbray (Fair Oaks Chamber of Commerce)
We've been developing a team of local volunteers who are helping to coordinate the 2018 event. Click here to see who's involved.